In 2014, with support from Greater Texas Foundation, E3 Alliance published a statewide research study analyzing the relationship between the highest level of mathematics mastered by high school students and subsequent education outcomes. Based on the results, E3 made the following recommendations:
- Strengthen middle school math instruction and counseling.
- Develop fourth-year CTE courses aligned to college majors.
- Build a stronger educator pipeline by developing course concentrations and degree plans for students pursuing careers in education.
- Partner with industry for targeted work-based learning.
- Define the content and framework of HB5-mandated college preparatory courses.
- Identify and focus on high-demand industry certifications that align to higher education fields of study.