E3 Alliance published a 2014 statewide research study analyzing the relationship between the highest level of mathematics mastered by high school students and subsequent education outcomes. Based on the results, E3 Alliance made the following recommendations:
- Strengthen middle school math instruction and counseling.
- Develop fourth-year CTE courses aligned to college majors.
- Build a stronger educator pipeline by developing course concentrations and degree plans for students pursuing careers in education.
- Partner with industry for targeted work-based learning.
- Define the content and framework of HB5-mandated college preparatory courses.
- Identify and focus on high-demand industry certifications that align to higher education fields of study.